WHAT IS KINDI DOING DURING COVID-19?
The health and safety of our staff, students, and their families is a top concern for Kindi Academy. We are doing our best to follow the general safety guidelines and add some of our own to keep everyone safe and healthy. We are also constantly monitoring the situation and any developments that will contribute to enhancing our measures and procedures.
Please keep in mind that this document is an evolving one, and it is amenable to constant change based on new findings. The final goal is to come up with best practices to keep all school stakeholders safe and well.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of school facilities five days per week.
- Nightly spraying the whole school with a virucide agent.
- Masks are Optional for all students and teachers.
- Limit parents to the front foyer and office. Staff will call children through the paging system for early dismissal or otherwise.
- Each classroom has a COVID Air Purifier that operated during school hours. This will circulate the air every 7-10 minutes.
- A teacher is required to open their class exterior door few minutes each period to allow for fresh air.
Classroom MeasuresA student is required to sanitize their desk, chair, and used material before leaving the room.
- Students will be reminded to wash and sanitize their hands routinely.
- Students will be instructed on how to sneeze properly.
- Classrooms will be furnished with hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to be used often during the day.
Positive Case Protocol
- If a student tests positive, then they are required to isolate for 5 days from the test's day. If they have symptoms, the isolation period of 5 days starts from the first day symptoms appeared.
- An email will be sent to the parents of the group the students belongs to, and parents will have the make the decision on sending their students to school, typically with masks (preferably N95 in this case).
- The school will not conduct mass testing for the students.
- No classes will move to virtual education.
- If a teacher tests positive, the teacher will isolate for 5 days from the test day or the first day symptoms appeared. In grades 4-8, the teacher will conduct the classes virtually.
Students with Cold Symptoms
- If a student has any cold symptoms, they must have the mask on during school time. If a fever develops during the school day, we will perform a Rapid Test on the student.
- In the case of fever, a student must be clear of fever for 24 hours before coming back to school
- If the symptoms are due to a chronic allergy, there is no need for a test.
- No test is needed for Strep Throat or Pink Eye situations. Students just need the proper medication before coming to school.
Families Doing their Part
We ask that all parents do their part to prevent any lost time or confusion by:
- Taking their child’s temperature at home. If they detect that their child is falling ill, the child should be held back at home. This will save time for all parties.
- We ask that parents honor all school safety rules so we can best perform our job in protecting our Kindi family.
- We welcome all ideas that might make our school a safer place. Talk to us about your thoughts.
If you have any suggestions, please email us at office@kindiacademycom